RULES AND GUIDELINES FOR THE
SUSSEX COUNTY SCIENCE FAIR (SCSF)
1. All students competing in SCSF must adhere to all rules as set forth in this document.
2. All projects must adhere to the Ethics Statement above.
3. All projects must adhere to the requirements of the affiliated fair(s) in which it competes to qualify
for participation in the Intel ISEF. Knowledge of these requirements is the responsibility of the student and the Adult Sponsor.
4. Projects must adhere to local, state and U.S. Federal laws, regulations and permitting conditions.
5. The use of non-animal research methods and the use of alternatives to animal research are strongly
encouraged and must be explored before conducting a vertebrate animal project.
6. Introduction or disposal of non-native species, pathogens, toxic chemicals or foreign substances into the environment is prohibited.